Hey! Some of you might have known that I recently went to a trip if you're following me on Instagram. (If you're not, then what are you waiting for, follow me @izzaqstna. Lol sorry, can't resist the temptation to promote my account)
On this post, I'm going to be talking about the budgets, plans and the steps on how to travel with your friends when you're still studying(low budget :p)! Plus, a few tips on how to pack lightly! (Which I failed on doing)
So, a few months before, which is around October 2015, my friends and I decided to go to Australia. By deciding the destination, the first part is done. Then, the dates and how long will we be staying there. After deciding these factors, it's time to purchase the tickets. At that time, a sale was going on AirAsia and we took the chance to buy the flight tickets!
As time passes by, we(and by 'we', I mean only Zaidi and Cha because they're super responsible and reliable) started searching for the places for us to stay. Searching through Airbnb is the easiest way if your budget is not that high. This phase will be around 2-3 months after the first phase, so you'll have money to pay for the accommodation.
A month or a week before flying off for your trip, make an itinerary on your daily activities. And it's finally time to convert the money you've been saving to the currency of the place you're going to! Your daily activities could be free if you're only visiting to see scenery or attractions with no entry tickets or parks/gardens. And fast or 'ganti puasa' to you save up on food. (We went during Ramadhan so that definitely helped us not to waste money on food)
Go fly away to your destination! Have fun.
Return + Insurance + Luggage
i. KLIA to Melbourne
RM5xx + RM50 + RM 1xx
ii. Melbourne to Sydney
iii. Sydney to KLIA
RM6xx/7xx + RM50 + RM1xx
*I put the letter 'x' because I can't remember the exact amount
Malaysian Hall (2 people per room)
AUD16x per person for the total of 5 nights + Free food for buka
RM1xx per person for the total of 4 nights
Renting a car (An Estima)
2 full days
AUD3x per person
From my personal view, if I paid for the first and second phase which is before the trip, AUD500 is enough for my 12 days trip.
PACKING TIPS AND TRICKS
1. Bring lots of pocket tissues, 3 packs is NOT enough, lol.
2. Try to fill in only your check in luggage before your trip but bring along a backpack that's fold in to your luggage. So you'll have an extra room to put your stuff when you're going back home.
3. 2 pair of shoes are enough. Don't bring more than that. And bring a slipper.
4. Never tell yourself "I do not need to bring my earphones". Cs like no. Just bring em along.
5. Bring moisturizer that has SPF in it for your face and lips.
6. Yes girls, one shade of lipstick is already more than enough :p
7. Will edit and post more when I can think of more points.
Trying to survive. From Malaysia. 21. ACCA. Feel free to comment for any inquiries!